Monday, October 25, 2010

Some Movies in Valdivia (Comfy In Nautica)



It's really difficult to talk about a movie in particular, because recently I was at a film festival in Valdivia, and saw a lot of movies ... (Nah! lie, I saw only a few, but some very good) (although the best movies were "really" what happened off screen) Anyway, I enjoyed some movies such as the Pivellina, Tilva Ros. The Doors documentary and The Illusionist. All very different in terms of stories and narrative forms.

If I had to choose one, I think I would stay with Tilva Ros, a Serbian film about a group of skaters who lived destroyed. The movie had a wonderful visual, full of great and good picture frames. The characters seemed real enough(in fact, later discovered that the movie was made based on actual videos they made themselves) The story was very simple, not at all complex, without any artifice, clearly portraying the difficult moments of adolescence, such as boredom and self-destruction. But one of the greatest successes of the film was its music department, really delicious and well chosen. A good mix of independent bands like Panda Bear, Beast Coast, Privacy, etc. In fact, (*spoiler) the end of the movie with the song "Comfy in Nautica" by Panda Bear (Noah Lenox of Animal Collective) was really amazing. The best cineamtic moment of the festival. I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment